The line has 13 stations:
- Portsmouth Arms*:
- King's Nympton*:
- Morchard Road*:
- Copplestone*: Local station for the village of Copplestone
- Yeoford*: Local station for the village of Yeoford
- Crediton: Local station for the small town of Crediton, and the junction for services to Okehampton
- Newton St Cyres*: Local station for the villages of Sweetham and Newton St Cyres
- Exeter St David's: Major interchange station with services to London Waterloo and Paddington, Taunton, Exmouth, Paignton, Plymouth, Birmingham, Scotland and Cornwall, and the closest station to Exwick and Duryard.
Stations marked with an asterisk are "request stops" or "halts", see below for information
We have a main article on this topic: Request Stop
This line has lots of request stops (sometimes called halts). If you want to stop at one of these, make sure you inform the conductor before the train gets there.
If you want to get on at one of these stops, then signal to the driver as the train approaches.
Fares (Day Return)
|Copplestone||Yeoford||Crediton||Newton St Cyres||Exeter St Davids|
|Newton St Cyres||£11.70||£11.70||£10.50||£10.50||£10.50||£8.50||£6.70||£5.60||£5.40||£3.60||£2.50||£3.80|
|Exeter St Davids||£11.70||£11.70||£11.70||£11.70||£11.70||£10.00||£8.70||£6.70||£6.70||£6.20||£4.70||£3.80|
The only peak train on the Tarka Line is the 07.00 departure from Barnstaple, all other trains in either direction are off peak. Railcards (subject to any minimum fares) are valid on all off peak trains, and the Devon Ranger is valid on the 08.43 departure from Barnstaple and all Barnstaple bound trains.
|Devon Day Ranger||£10||£5||£6.60||Valid after 09:00 and any train towards Barnstaple|
|Devon Evening Ranger||£5||£2.50||£3.30||Valid after 18:00|
|Tarka Line Day Ranger||£10||£5||£6.60||Valid after 08:30 Southbound anytime
|Dartmoor Sunday Rover||£10||£6.70||N/A||Valid Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays only.|
|Freedom of Devon and Cornwall 3 in 7 days||£46||£23||£30.35||Valid after 09:00 Weekdays, Anytime weekends|
|Freedom of Devon and Cornwall 8 in 15 days||£70.50||£35.25||£46.50||Valid after 09:00 Weekdays, Anytime weekends|
|Freedom of the South West 3 in 7 days||£80.90||£40.45||£53.40||Valid after 09:00 Weekdays, Anytime weekends|
|Freedom of the South West 8 in 15 days||£111.50||£55.75||£73.60||Valid after 09:00 Weekdays, Anytime weekends|
A Tarka Line Ranger is an off peak day return between Exeter St David's/Exeter Central and Barnstaple.